List:       debian-user
Subject:    Re: driver for Lite-on iHAS324-98 DVD writer
From:       Jimmy Johnson <field.engineer () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-05-31 19:27:51

Peter Tenenbaum wrote:
> Mr. Johnson --�
>
> Regarding your suggestion of adding a rootdelay=10 line to the boot
> kernel: �how do I go about doing that? �I'm attempting to install onto a
> blank hard drive from Debian Lenny DVDs, so I don't think there's
> anywhere that I can write to which makes sense. �Would I need to do a
> boot from USB drive to make this work?

After you boot the cd and then you choose your option for the install
you you will be able to hit an F key or tab key to choose boot options.

I do a lot of different installs so the Debian installer is a little
fuzzy in my head right know, play with the installer, but what you are
looking for is a place to add boot options.
--
Jimmy Johnson

Debian Squeeze at sda9
Registered Linux User #380263