List:       debian-user
Subject:    Re: install
From:       Stephen Powell <zlinuxman () wowway ! com>
Date:       2009-12-31 20:01:26

On 2009-12-31 at 14:43:44 -0500, Eduardo M KALINOWSKI wrote:
> That would be netinst, not netboot.

Whatever.  All I can say is that I downloaded

dists/lenny/main/installer-i386/current/images/netboot/mini.iso

from a public Debian mirror, burned it to a CD-R, and booted from it.
I then proceeded to install Lenny from a public Debian mirror without
setting up any special server.  And it worked great.  Why it worked,
I don't know.  Maybe it wasn't supposed to work.  Maybe it shouldn't
have worked.  But it did!  Explanations, anyone?