List:       debian-user
Subject:    Scanning with  HP LaserJet  3300mfp
From:       Sebastian Canagaratna <s-canagaratna () onu ! edu>
Date:       2009-10-30 0:13:48

Hi:

  I am using Lenny and I had mixed results trying to scan:

  I have sane, xsane hplip, etc as well as kooka.

  xsane always fails with sane_read error during I/O. scaneimage and
scanimage -T also fail. So does xscanimage. However, hp-scan (from
hplip-gui), a command-line version than uses sane  succeeds. Seeing that
all of them use sane, and I don't understand what is happening.

Kooka has no problems. The device in all cases as recognized as
hpaio:/usb/HP_LaserJet_3300_ etc.

  I see from google there have been similar complaints over the years,
but I have not come across any solution.

  I would appreciate any suggestions.

Sebastian Canagaratna