List:       debian-user
Subject:    Re: Sound woes
From:       "Dr. Jennifer Nussbaum" <bg271828 () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2009-05-09 23:52:29

> Right now on my Debian unstable system, i run Pulseaudio (for good USB audio \
> support). Recently many things have stopped working. I can watch YouTube videos \
> with sound, and click on MP3s and hear them, both from within FireFox. But when I \
> open up another browser at the same time, that gets no sound. If I try to play an \
> MP3 or a movie on my filesystem, i get no sound, whether i use Audacious or mplayer \
> or totem or anything else.

After some further playing around, this does have something to do with Flash grabbign \
the sound for itself. when i restarted FireFox, before i played a YouTube video in \
it, i ran another app, and sound worked fine. After I played a Flash video, that app \
could no longer get sound.

And opening up a new browser, sound doesnt work in that one either. As long as the \
original browser is open, weather or not theres sound playing, nothing else can get \
sound.

does that help narrow things down?

Jen