List:       debian-user
Subject:    Re: System monitoring tool for AMD64
From:       Dave Witbrodt <dawitbro () sbcglobal ! net>
Date:       2009-03-20 2:55:59

T o n g wrote:
> What are the recommended system monitoring tool for AMD64?
>
> I tried xmbmon, but it doesn't seems to show me the mb/cpu temperature,
> fan speed etc.
>
> I then tried xsensors, but get
>
>   % xsensors
>   Sensor 'k8temp' not supported by xsensors!

This is also a matter of personal preference.  I actually prefer the
XFCE desktop environment, and I have been using a little plugin that
sits on my desktop panels called 'xfce4-sensors-plugin'.

Unfortunately, the latest version of that plugin in Sid is crashing for
me, so I am trying to learn enough about 'gdb' to be useful in helping
the Debian XFCE Maintainers to locate the problem and get it fixed.  The
previous version was working for me, however, and I saved its DEB so
that I can still use it if I get desperate.  ;)

DW