List:       debian-user
Subject:    Re: How to set user locale, instead of global locale?
From:       "Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss03 () volumehost ! net>
Date:       2008-12-15 16:14:21

On Monday 2008 December 15 07:50:49 Mauricio wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Do you know how can I change my locale as
>user of a remote system (with only terminal
>access)? The locale I want is already available
>on the system, and I tried to change mine
>setting LC_ALL to the proper value in my shell
>initialization, but it gets reset somehow.

You'll need to do more investigation into that "somehow".  The proper way to
set your locale is during your session/shell initialization.  If your remote
administrator is intentionally breaking that, your best fix is an attempt as
educating said administrator.

That said, I'm not sure how an administrator could break that.  Please provide
more details on what you did to set your locale.  Copy and paste from the
relevant files is good.
--
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.                               ,= ,-_-. =.
bss03@volumehost.net                                 ((_/)o o(\_))