List:       debian-user
Subject:    Re: Tying debsecan & Zabbix (or RT) together?
Date:       2008-12-14 20:37:22

On Sun, Dec 14, 2008 at 21:25, Florian Weimer <fw@deneb.enyo.de> wrote:

> Yes, but I don't know if Zabbix is part of the solution.

Well, Zabbix is not ideal as it's a non-common tool. eMail
is a lot nicer, there are not automated parsers for something
like this.
A SNMP based solution or something like syslog might be
something to think about.

I think we agree that the end goal needs to be $something
which can present the security status information of a lot
of hosts in a portable format, ideally with different backends
like www, cli, X/GTK/Qt, eMail, etc

Richard