List:       debian-user
Subject:    LDAP - howto get linux to talk to exchange/AD
From:       "Bob Goldberg" <bobg.hahc () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-11-30 21:47:38

CR - TX for your reply, your script & data was very useful.

I've made some progress... I still don't know why I can't authenticate using
my admin account / password (and NOTHING I do seems to resolve this).
BUT - with my improved understanding of the structure of the ldapsearch
command (TX SK);
and a re-newed attempt to access the ldap server anonymously (CR ;_); it
appears that I can now connect to my exchange server.

now, my problem is I still can't run any queries, I only get:
# search result
search: 2
result: 2 Protocol error

After much googling on ldap protocol error 2, I'm again stuck.
I found hits that referenced a "-C" option to ldapsearch; which doesn't seem
to apply anymore, since I find no doc's on -C in the manpage.
I found another hit that might indicate that ldap V3 and exchange 5.5 might
produce a protocol error, but I've started using -P2 anyway, with no
different response.

although this error is returned from the exchange server, the problem has
GOT to be with ldapsearch / debian. I CAN do sucessful queries from windows
environment.

anyone got more ideas?

TIA! (again) - Bob