List:       debian-user
Subject:    Re: GPL Parental Controls
From:       Steve Lamb <grey () dmiyu ! org>
Date:       2006-11-02 6:23:37

Ron Johnson wrote:
> "Infinitely opening windows" != "the NY Times popping open a
> 'sidebar' window".  And there are lots of sites that do that.  Too
> many to whitelist.

    Not in my experience.  I haven't noticed any reduced functionality from
not having popups.  In fact it's kept me out of some ads from legit sites.
Quite frankly they don't have a legitimate use for popups or unders.  They
want a side bar, use frames, it is what they were intended for many moons
prior to popups/unders.