List:       debian-user
Subject:    alsactl: set_control:930: warning: name mismatch
From:       Rob Benton <rob.benton () conwaycorp ! net>
Date:       2005-09-25 19:43:36

Anyone else seen something similar to this (sblive 5.1)?  I noticed this
at startup so I kicked the command off from a shell:

optimus:/etc/init.d# alsactl restore
alsactl: set_control:930: warning: name mismatch (Music Playback
Volume/Synth Playback Volume) for control #7
alsactl: set_control:930: warning: name mismatch (Music Capture
Volume/Synth Capture Volume) for control #8
alsactl: set_control:930: warning: name mismatch (Music Capture
Switch/Synth Capture Switch) for control #9
alsactl: set_control:930: warning: name mismatch (EFX voices
mask/Captured FX8010 Outputs) for control #39
alsactl: set_control:930: warning: name mismatch (Sigmatel 4-Speaker
Stereo Playback Switch/Sigmatel Output Bias Switch) for control #74
alsactl: set_control:930: warning: name mismatch (Sigmatel Surround
Phase Inversion Playback /Sigmatel 4-Speaker Stereo Playback Switch) for
control #75
alsactl: set_control:930: warning: name mismatch (External
Amplifier/Sigmatel Surround Phase Inversion Playback ) for control #76
alsactl: set_control:930: warning: name mismatch (EMU10K1 PCM Send
Routing/External Amplifier) for control #77
alsactl: set_control:1039: bad control.77.value index

Could this be the reason I hear no sound from flash webpages and pysol
returns this error trying to play sounds:

rob@optimus:~$ pysol
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/share/games/pysol/pysolaudio.py", line 229, in startServer
     self.audiodev.init()
error: unable to open audio: No available audio device
PySol: could not connect to pysolsoundserver, sound disabled.

I do not have oss emulation compiled into my kernel.  I think I remember
reading one time on the alsa site that it's best to totally move away
from oss.