List:       debian-user
Subject:    Re: HP USB Mass Storage device issue
From:       Anthony Tippett <atippett () etomic ! net>
Date:       2005-02-28 22:43:42

Jan C. Nordholz wrote:
> Hi!
>

>>Ok,
>>
>>I restarted my machine and I have the sd file now.  Specifically:
>>act:/home/atippett# cat /sys/bus/scsi/drivers/sd/2\:0\:0\:0/vendor
>> HP
>>

> Ah, interesting - I wonder why the sd driver needed a reboot to
> properly insert itself into the SCSI drivers list...
>

>>I assume there's no need to try to rmmod sd_mod
>
> No, if it's there now, I don't think that'll help.
>

>>I don't think the sd_mod should affect my digital camera as the sd_mod
>>deals with scsi stuff (assumption).
>
> Well, digital cameras are usually mounted just like any other mass
> storage device (look at my log snippets: I attached a digicam ;-)).
> And mass storage devices are mounted as SCSI disks, so the SD
> (Scsi Disk) driver is responsible.
>

>>Still no dectection of the usb flash drive size in the syslog with the
>>sd_mod
>
> And still not mount- (or 'fdisk -l')-able, I guess... no other
> differences in syslog output before and after sd is showing in
> /sys/.../?
>

> Regards,
>
> Jan

Well I got the camera to work.  When inserting the camera, it would it
assign the usb to a certain bus and device.  However, using gtkthumb I
couldn't seem to see that bus/device.  I went into /proc and saw that
the file was created with group camera.  I added myself to group camera
and was able to access my digicamera.

Unfornately, this doesn't seem to be any help with the HP flash memory
drive.

Interestly the lsusb gives:
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 002 Device 005: ID 0a48:3260 I/O Interconnect
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 001 Device 009: ID 04a9:3048 Canon, Inc. PowerShot G1
Bus 001 Device 006: ID 046d:c00e Logitech, Inc. Optical Mouse
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000

The I/O Interconnect is the HP drive

Going to search on what I/O Interconnect is.