List:       debian-user
Subject:    Re: tft monitors -- advice?  XF86Config's?
From:       Bob <K1100T () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-02-28 18:31:25

Matt Price wrote:
> hey folks,
>
> well, after failing to make my last TFT monitor work, I returned it
> for a fefond and thought I'd wait to hear back form debianites about
> getting another model to work.  Has anyone gotten a 19" TFT monitor to
> work perfectly with X?

I've got a Viewsonic 19" working with XFree. As I mentioned in an
earlier post I used the XF86Config-4 file generated by Knoppix. You
might want to give this try as it save a lot of hassle, especially if
like me, you haven't the foggiest what you're doing when it comes to
configuring X.

> Are you happy with the results?

Yes.

Cheers,