List:       debian-user
Subject:    reiserfs/grub problems on a knoppix installation
From:       Björn_Voigt <bvoigt () hs-harz ! de>
Date:       2005-01-27 18:03:34

hello list,

I have a laptop with a 3.4 or 3.5 knoppix / 2.6 kernel intallation on
hda. I want install grub. The root partition is on hda4 and so I have
installed grub with:

	root (hd0,3)
	setup (hd0)

the root partition is reiserfs. If I start, the system it boots
until a kernel panic, because it is impossible to mount the root
partition on hda4.

I think the menu.lst is right. The root,kernel and initrd definition
points also to the hda4.

What could be the problem

thanks for help

regards