List:       debian-user
Subject:    Migrated from OSS to ALSA on 2.6.9 and lived to tell about it...
From:       Hugo Vanwoerkom <hvw59601 () care2 ! com>
Date:       2004-10-31 23:28:33

Hi Debian!

To see whether fbxine would play any better with ALSA ( it does not :-(
regardless what the FAQ says ) I migrated.

1. I recompiled the kernel with (NO MODULES!):
     * Soundcard support
     * ALSA
     * OSS Mixer API
     * OSS PCM API
     * Verbose printk
     * Debug
     * Debug Detection
     * ISA Devices: Generic Cyrrus Logic CS4232 Driver

2. apt-get installed alsa-base

3. took out the oss module from /etc/modules

All there was to it. Even alsamixer was already set up.
Piece of cake.

Hugo