List:       debian-user
Subject:    Re: Mouse
From:       Justin Guerin <jguerin () cso ! atmel ! com>
Date:       2004-09-30 21:06:54

On Thursday 30 September 2004 12:37, disciple@exis.net wrote:
> I'm running Woody.  I have several machines connected via a Belkin KVM
> switch.  Works great.  The problem is that the wheel does not function on
> debian.  I'm not that concerned about it, because it does work, but it
> would be nice to be able to use the wheel to scroll.  thanks...

Check your XF86Config or XF86Config-4 file, and make sure your mouse has the
z axis mapping options:
    Option      "ZAxisMapping"      "4 5"

If it doesn't, add it (dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86 or hand edit if you
don't want to use debconf) and restart X.  If it does, post your entire
pointer config section, and relevant parts of your XFree86.log file, and
maybe we can help.  Also, let us know which applications you've tried to
use the mouse wheel in.

Justin Guerin