List:       debian-user
Subject:    Re: Apache2 and PHP
From:       JoeHill <joehill () sympatico ! ca>
Date:       2004-09-24 14:44:27

On Fri, 24 Sep 2004 10:35:17 -0400
Johann Koenig disseminated the following:

> >                 RedirectMatch ^/$ /apache2-default/
>
> It looks more to me like it says 'if you get a request for /, forward
> them to apache2-default instead.' I read nothing in it about re-writing
> the name.

Looking at it again, it appears you are correct, I had it the wrong way around.
I should have read the comments more carefully:

                # This directive allows us to have apache2's default start page
                # in /apache2-default/, but still have / go to the right place

Slow but sure, I's learnin'!

--
JoeHill RLU #282046 /  www.freeyourmachine.org
10:39:58 up 51 days, 10:26, 8 users, load average: 0.14, 0.14, 0.11