List:       debian-user
Subject:    debian menu sorting does not work anymore
From:       Erik Steffl <steffl () bigfoot ! com>
Date:       2004-02-29 21:36:28

   I added the custom sorting to my debian menu configuration, it used
to work but some time ago it stopped working.

   I have the following in the /etc/menu-methods/menu.h:

# item first, submenu later:
# sort=ifelse($command, "0", "1" ) ":$title"
sort=ifelse($priority, $priority, "99")

   and here's an example of sorted menu entry:

jojda:~> cat /etc/menu/xterm
?package(xterm):\
  needs=x11\
  section="/"\
  longtitle="Xterm: terminal emulator for X"\
  title=Xterm\
  priority="01"\
  command="xterm -fg green -bg black" \
  icon="/usr/X11R6/include/X11/pixmaps/wterm.xpm"

   any ideas why this does not work anymore (the xterm item is just
alphabetically sorted, appears last instead of first).

   system:

     debian unstable
     unsorted menu in fvwm
     unsorted menu in pdmenu