List:       debian-user
Subject:    [OT]What is Dynix
From:       Aryan Ameri <a.ameri () linuxiran ! org>
Date:       2003-06-17 14:50:29

Hi there:

in the article:
http://news.com.com/2100-1016_3-1017719.html

they mention Dynix:

"Specifically, Sontag said IBM moved technology to Linux from AIX and
another version of Unix called Dynix that IBM acquired when it bought
Sequent. "

I have been trying really hard, to learn as much as possible about
different Unix variants, but to date, I have never heard of a Unix
called Dynix. Can anyone tell me what kind of OS it is/was ?

Cheers
--
/* You can always count on Americans to do the
right thing; - after they've tried everything else.