List:       debian-user
Subject:    Best debian for me
From:       Jonathan Hunt <jhuntnz () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2001-11-21 5:02:33

Hi,

I am probably going to repartition my hard drive and after being a satisfied
Debian 2.2r2 user I am going to do a clean install. I was wanting the
following things in my new setup:

	GCC >= 3.0
	XFree86 >= 4.0
	Linux kernel >=2.4.0
	ReiserFS (instead of ext2 for my main partition ie I want format and install
onto a ReiserFS so this requires a boot disk supporting ReiserFS)
	Recent KDE

I would like my system to be as stable as possible and have a clear upgrade
path in the future.

	With this is mind could someone advise me on what would be the best version
of Debian to use. It looks suspicially like testing might be the best to be
using but how unstable is that?

	Note: I am a relatively experience linux user / programmer who wants an easy
as possible install but doesn't mind getting his handing dirty.

Thanks for any help,
Jonathan Hunt

--
Jonathan Hunt (The Real Jonathan Hunt) <jhuntnz@users.sf.net>