List:       debian-user
Subject:    Re: Power off at Shutdown
From:       Viktor Rosenfeld <rosenfel () informatik ! hu-berlin ! de>
Date:       2001-10-31 22:52:05

allen wayne best just ramblin in his amx wrote:

> i am trying to understand which option(s) to select (or deselect) when i
> build a new kernel (2.4.12). i have set the following with no luck:

Try 2.4.13, this seems to be a bug that has been in the kernel since
2.4.10.  The apm code changed in that version and broke power off on
some systems, including mine and some other folks on lkml.  I've never
had 2.4.12, but 2.4.13 fixed this at least for me.

Cheers,
Viktor

PS: I have i

# CONFIG_APM_REALMODE_POWER_OFF
# CONFIG_APM_ALLOW_INTS

which should be good enough on most systems.
--=20
Viktor Rosenfeld
WWW: http://www.informatik.hu-berlin.de/~rosenfel/