List:       debian-security
Subject:    Re: [SECURITY] [DSA 2311-1] openjdk-6 security update
From:       Florian Weimer <fw () deneb ! enyo ! de>
Date:       2011-09-28 18:28:24

* Simon McVittie:

> Would it be possible to provide some sort of empty transitional package for
> those Hotspot variants in order to get rid of them?

I don't think we use transitional packages for this purpose.

I think adding a Replaces: icedtea-6-jre-cacao to
openjdk-6-jre-headless (on i386 and amd64 only) and dropping the
Recommends: would do the trick.

I'm sorry I missed that icedtea-6-jre-cacao is extremely widely
installed.  It's certainly not used, though.