List:       debian-security
Subject:    Re: [SECURITY] [DSA 1571-1] New openssl packages fix predictable random number generator
From:       Dirk-Willem van Gulik <dirkx () webweaving ! org>
Date:       2008-05-19 15:29:02

On May 17, 2008, at 1:34 PM, Matteo Vescovi wrote:

>> are there updates for this issue for old stable - sarge?
>
> It was said sarge is not affected,

Bear in mind that you still want blacklist support for the various
tools, not just for the known_hosts and authorized_keys; but also for
people who move their identify files around, generate the web/mail
server's their x509 cert (request) on a laptop/off-line prior to
moving it onto the server and so on*.

Dw.

*: I found about a 1 to 3901 ratio between affected and non-affected
keys out of about 50k ssh-keys and
    21k x509's (using the not yet complete lists!) in an environment
which is virtually only Windows,
    MacOSX and FreeBSD. I think it is reasonable to assume that this
is fairly common - hence you want
    these blacklist tools on a wider range of platforms/OS-es.