List:       debian-hurd
Subject:    Re: gnome-terminal: FTBFS on kfreebsd & hurd archs
From:       Robert Millan <rmh () debian ! org>
Date:       2014-06-07 21:30:13

On 02/06/14 14:13, Andreas Henriksson wrote:
> You'd find that the default configuration is unusable under non-GNOME
> (and thus now for all hurd and kfreebsd users).

We can't ship unusable software in Jessie. As per -release mandate kfreebsd-*
is no exception anymore.

It's already been stablished that GDM3 is unportable, and why. If you can't
find a way to make gnome-terminal work without GDM3, then please make it
Linux-only until you can.

I'm afraid you can't rely on porter teams to fix this. gnome-terminal dependency
on GDM3 has nothing to do with porting.

--
Robert Millan