List:       debian-hurd
Subject:    Re: Help
From:       Arne Babenhauserheide <arne_bab () web ! de>
Date:       2008-09-22 6:41:11

It isn't finished (that means: In a state to be released), because there are
still some missing pieces.

For example it doesn't yet have a sound device, and it isn't trivial to run X
on it.

But it can already be used as production system - as long as you don't need
the missing pieces. And the core functionality works (translators). Please
keep up-to-date backups, though.

More info: http://www.bddebian.com/~wiki/#index6h2

Besides: This years Google Summer of Code brought the Hurd five big steps
forward:
- http://www.bddebian.com/~wiki/community/gsoc/

If you want to help getting the Hurd into releasable state, you're very
welcome!

Best wishes,
Arne

--