List:       debian-devel
Subject:    Re: Don't  do this
From:       Joseph Carter <knghtbrd () debian ! org>
Date:       2001-02-27 6:15:26

On Mon, Feb 26, 2001 at 09:42:57PM -0500, Old0pal@aol.com wrote:
> If I choose to go to a web-site of my choice, YOU SHOULD NOT POP-UP. If I
> need, you, I will come to you

You didn't read the web page when it came up?  It began with:

    This is a placeholder page installed by the Debian release of the
    Apache Web server package, because no home page was installed on
    this host. You may want to replace this as soon as possible with
    your own web pages, of course....

That seems pretty simple to me, but if you're not making sense of it, it
means they just installed apache on that machine and they haven't put
their web pages on it.  For the time being, they get that one, telling
them what they need to do in order to set up their website.

I suspect if you return to the site in question, you will find it probably
has been configured properly and is now serving up whatever web page you
were expecting to see.  You simply caught them in the middle of upgrading
things.

Please consider reading pages before flaming people about their contents,
it tends to make life much less stressful for everyone.

--
Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@debian.org>                Free software developer

<rcw> those apparently-bacteria-like multicolor worms coming out of
      microsoft's backorifice
<rcw> that's the backoffice logo