List:       debian-devel
Subject:    woody and latest 2.4-12-8 and sudden read only fs
From:       Michael Meding <Michael () Meding ! net>
Date:       2000-12-11 20:00:18

Hi all,

running a up to the minute woody I often during builds of kernels getting
"can't write.." file system is read-only. And all of a sudden my whole disk
is read-only. Still plenty room is available, and upon booting I get some
kind of strange fsck behaviour, even though rebooting seems to go fine
(despite read-only fs).

So anybody got Ideas what triggers this all of a sudden read-only ?
Kernel-Bug, fs-tools bug, make-kpkg bug ?

Thanks

Greetings

Michael Meding