List:       debian-devel
Subject:    Re: Debian openssh option review: considering splitting out GSS-API key exchange
From:       "Jonathan Dowland" <jmtd () debian ! org>
Date:       2024-04-03 13:10:37

On Tue Apr 2, 2024 at 12:30 PM BST, Marc Haber wrote:
> Please don't drop the mechanism that saved my  unstable installations
> from being vulnerable to the current xz-based attack. Just having to
> dump an ALL: ALL into /etc/hosts.deny is vastly easier than having to
> maintain a packet filter.

For you and fellow greybeards, perhaps: I'd be surprised if many people
younger than us have even heard of tcp wrappers. I don't think the
muscle memory of a diminishing set of users is a strong argument,
especially given it's a preference rather than a requirement, and
alternatives do exist.

--
Please do not CC me for listmail.

👱🏻	Jonathan Dowland