List:       debian-devel
Subject:    Re: New requirements for APT repository signing
From:       Julian Andres Klode <jak () debian ! org>
Date:       2024-03-01 8:51:31

On Fri, Mar 01, 2024 at 01:02:38AM +0100, Salvo Tomaselli wrote:
> > Any other keys will cause warnings. These warnings will become
> > errors in March as we harden it up for the Ubuntu 24.04 release
>
> Perhaps the announcement should have been sent earlier than 28th Feb then. Or
> is there a mistake and they will become errors at a later date?

There is no mistake, but the ubuntu folks had more heads up due
to an email on ubuntu-devel, and internal meetings at Canonical.

In any case, as the email says in many fewer words:

for Debian this doesn't take effect now unless we
ship the patch in gnupg in 2.4 (either merging my commit to backport
to 2.4.4 or when 2.4.5 lands) which is in experimental; unstable
is still tracking 2.2 and might for the rest of the year.
ubuntu core developer                              i speak de, en