List:       debian-devel
Subject:    Re: Why do we list individual copyright holders?
From:       Jonas Smedegaard <jonas () jones ! dk>
Date:       2018-01-03 22:03:23

Quoting Markus Koschany (2018-01-03 22:21:59)
> I'm really surprised that those who upload a package once in a blue =

> moon have the strongest opinions in this thread when we discuss how we =

> can reduce the maintenance burden and do something more useful with =

> our free time. You uploaded 19 packages last year, Tollef 3 and Lars =

> 4. It would be more helpful if you took one step back and tried to =

> understand what it means to maintain hundreds of packages and how time =

> consuming and dull some of our self-imposed packaging tasks can be.

I help maintain 500+ packages (not all of them updated in 2016, though).

I find the S-V field quite valuable for the project, and find that it =

should be kept part of the actual packaging, not externalized.

Not really sure how that helps this conversation, but there you go.

 - Jonas

-- =

["signature.asc" (signature.asc)]