List:       debian-devel
Subject:    Re: salsa.debian.org (git.debian.org replacement) going into beta
From:       Raphael Hertzog <hertzog () debian ! org>
Date:       2018-01-02 17:54:22

On Thu, 28 Dec 2017, Marc Haber wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Dec 2017 14:48:50 +0100, Mattia Rizzolo <mattia@debian.org>
> wrote:
> >On Tue, Dec 26, 2017 at 02:45:38PM +0100, Marc Haber wrote:
> >> The time before the last time I asked about tracker, the answer was
> >> that this was not yet possible due to old lintian doing automated
> >> rejects on ftpmaster.
> >
> >That's now fixed, and you can use $package@packages.debian.org in the
> >Maintainer field.
>
> Where does that one forward to? To dispatch+$package_contact@t.d.o?

Yes. But the "contact" keyword will be overriden when you get mails that
can be classified more precisely (like DAK or BTS mails).

That said while it is possible to use <source>@packages.debian.org email
addresses in Maintainer fields it hat not been "validated" yet and you
will likely see multiple problems. Some of them have been identified
already (see Mehdi's mail in this thread) but I expect more of them to
show up (in particular duplicate mails and misclassified mails). IOW,
further work is needed here.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer