List:       debian-devel
Subject:    debian/control file: how to selectively suppress recommends?
From:       Marcel Partap <mpartap () gmx ! net>
Date:       2017-09-27 14:28:00

Dear fellow Debianauts,
right now I am in the process of migrating my selection of manually installed \
packages to a freshly debootstrapped install using a set of meta-packages built with \
equivs. While that works nice and well, in some instances, I would like to limit the \
number of recommends being pulled in, without turning recommends off completely (the \
meta-packages themselves use Recommends:dependencies). So the --no-install-recommends \
parameter or APT::Install-Recommends "0" are of no help in this case. Any ideas how \
to block installation of only some packages' recommendations?

#Best Regards/Marcel Partap