List:       debian-devel
Subject:    Re: Before I send a bug report to change DebTags please do some sanity check
From:       Petter Reinholdtsen <pere () hungry ! com>
Date:       2016-02-08 14:10:57

[Ben Hutchings]
> I don't think it's there yet, but AppStream will get some support from
> upstream developers (including through existing .desktop files)
> whereas debtags presumably doesn't.

It is already possible to search for packages announcing support for
MIME types, and the data set is populated with data from the desktop
files.  See
> for a recipe.

We experimented this weekend to get MIME information also for packages
without a desktop file (example package khmer), but this information has
not yet made it into the appstream database.  When it does, this command
will return the khmer package:

  appstreamcli what-provides mimetype application/vnd.oxli.countgraph

I'm in touch with Debians resident appstream expert, Matthias Klumpp,
and hope we will figure out what is wrong with the import very soon.

JFYI.

--
Happy hacking
Petter Reinholdtsen