List:       debian-devel
Subject:    Re: is the whole unstable still broken by gcc-5?
From:       Andreas Tscharner <starfire () sunrise ! ch>
Date:       2015-09-13 9:18:28

On 12.09.2015 21:23, Russ Allbery wrote:
> Виталий Филиппов <vitalif@yourcmc.ru> writes:
>
>> Is the whole unstable still broken by gcc-5 transition? Or by something
>> else? Why apt-get dist-upgrade still wants to remove a lot of packages?
>> It lasts for several weeks, I can't upgrade normally...
>
> I've been able to upgrade normally during the entire gcc-5 transition.

Lucky you!

aptitude wanted to remove 45 packages yesterday. I spent about 5 hours
to manually resolve dependencies by uninstalling packages, removing lib*
packages, adding lib*v5 packages and adding the uninstalled packages
again to get ALL dependencies resolved

I am not sure it it's a problem of aptitude or the resolver in general,
but I was not able to "just update".

Best regards
	Andreas
--