List:       debian-devel
Subject:    Re: Technical committee acting in gross violation of the Debian constitution
From:       Noel Torres <envite () rolamasao ! org>
Date:       2014-12-02 0:52:44

On Sunday, 30 de November de 2014 18:05:54 Neil Williams escribió:
[...]
> Contribute code or stop wasting everyone's time on the mailing lists.

Contributing code is not the only way to contribute to Debian. At least to the
Debian I love. Please come out of the developer shell. Translators, e.g. are a
very important part of the project, even if they have not been give the same
voting status as so-called "Debian Developers". Please stop THAT.

> Nothing will change without someone doing the work - whatever the issue.

That is true. But no work can be done if nobody realizes that it needs to be
done.

> If that isn't you, then do everyone a favour and stop posting to these
> endless threads.

True, these posts are becoming endless. If you read my posts on them, you'll
notice I acknowledge for systemd being the default on Jessie. It was our TC
decision and I can not do anything but acknowledge it. It does not matter if I
like systemd or not. And it does not mater if systemd is buggy or not, fit for
release or not.

But still there is place to decide a lot of other things about systemd. The GR
did not resolve the issue of switching by default or not, to name one.

This is my contribution now, to try to raise issues in a calm manner. Exactly
the same issues most of our users have and some of our maintainers seem to not
address properly.

It has been expressed before: This is not only a discussion about technical
issues.

Regards

er Envite