List:       debian-devel
Subject:    Importing autopkgtests from Ubuntu [Was: Bits from the Release]
From:       Andrew Starr-Bochicchio <asb () debian ! org>
Date:       2013-08-28 17:51:26

On Sun, Aug 25, 2013 at 11:09 AM, Niels Thykier <niels@thykier.net> wrote:
> At the moment there are unfortunately very few autopkgtest tests.

Ubuntu has been pushing autopkgtest tests to more packages. Hopefully,
most of these are being sent back as patches to the BTS. Out of
curiosity, I ran a UDD query to see which packages have autopkgtest
tests in Ubuntu but not Debian. It checks for the XS-Testsuite field,
so there might be some false positives. For instance, I know sphinx
has an autopkgtest test, but the maintainer is purposely not using
that field.

A DD list is attached for anyone that might want to make sure Ubuntu
doesn't have anything useful sitting around that hasn't been forwarded
back.

Here's the query used:

udd=> SELECT DISTINCT ubuntu_sources.source FROM ubuntu_sources INNER
JOIN sources ON ubuntu_sources.source = sources.source WHERE
ubuntu_sources.release = 'saucy' AND ubuntu_sources.testsuite IS NOT
NULL EXCEPT SELECT DISTINCT source FROM sources WHERE (release = 'sid'
OR release = 'experimental') AND testsuite IS NOT NULL ORDER BY
source;

Thanks,

-- Andrew Starr-Bochicchio

   Ubuntu Developer <https://launchpad.net/~andrewsomething>