List:       debian-devel
Subject:    Re: parsing/using *.dsc *.changes, *.deb etc., from Python
From:       Stefano Zacchiroli <zack () debian ! org>
Date:       2007-10-29 12:40:35

On Mon, Oct 29, 2007 at 12:53:33PM +0100, Ondrej Certik wrote:
> Awesome. Maybe you could help for example the maintainer of
> git-hgbuildpackage to use python-debian, so that all the code is on
> one place.

No problem, but I won't ping him in advance via mediation :), but feel
free to tell him that he is very welcome to post questions either
directly to me or to the python-debian maintainers team.

More generally, feel free to point to us people who have alternative
implementations of the code available in python-debian. We'll be very
happy to merge features available elsewhere and help porting stuff to
python-debian.

> BTW, I tried your example
> /usr/share/doc/python-debian/examples/packages/grep-maintainer and it
> doesn't work:

No wonder, the example is based on some old API. You can indeed notice
that that example is not part of python-debian. Please consider only the
examples you can currently find under
/usr/share/doc/python-debian/examples/debfile/.

Cheers.

--=20