List:       debian-devel
Subject:    Re: Building packages twice in a row
From:       Tyler MacDonald <tyler () yi ! org>
Date:       2007-05-16 23:36:02

Lars Wirzenius <liw@liw.iki.fi> wrote:
> printf("This program was compiled on " __DATE__ "\n");
>
> An example like the above has already been given. Build dates and other
> variable information gets put into a lot of output files from
> compilations.

  Sorry, I was speaking from an overly selfish point of view, or at least
from the point of view of understanding (or wanting to understand) the code
that you're building. I don't do stuff like that in my code, so if my code
compiled differently twice in a row, I'd raise an eyebrow over that...

	- Tyler