List:       debian-devel
Subject:    Re: Not depending on shlibs because of plugins?
From:       Mike Hommey <mh () glandium ! org>
Date:       2007-01-05 18:47:34

On Fri, Jan 05, 2007 at 07:33:56PM +0100, Andreas Metzler <ametzler@downhill.at.eu.org> wrote:
> You could move the plugin's additional dependencies into Recommends,
> using "dpkg-shlibdeps -vRecommends" (...)

By the way, what is it supposed to happen in such a case ? What kind of
Recommends will dpkg-shlibdeps generate when shlibs return something
like libxxxx >= version ?
And how do apt/dpkg consider such Recommends ? I've always assumed they
would not complain if unadequate versions of these recommends would be
installed, and always added conflicts, but I know no way of generating
these automagically. And I never checked what they actually do.
Does anyone know ?

Mike