List:       debian-devel
Subject:    Re: General question about releases
From:       Jorge Bernal <koke () amedias ! org>
Date:       2005-01-18 12:57:44

On Tuesday 18 January 2005 13:04, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> Count the number of entries in the Packages / Sources file?
>
> You should realy count source packages I think as that better reflects
> the amount of software than all the multi deb packages.
>
> MfG
> Goswin

Quick test:

koke@ababol ~ $ for dist in stable testing unstable;do COUNT=`wget -q -O - \
http://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/$dist/main/source/Sources.gz | gzip -cd | grep \
                "^Package:" | wc -l`; echo "$dist: $COUNT";done
stable: 5220
testing: 8502
unstable: 8923

--
Jorge Bernal "Koke"
Personal:  koke@sindominio.net

"Computer Science is no more about computers than astronomy is about telescopes." - \
Edsger Dijkstra