List:       dcms-dev
Subject:    [opencm-dev] Looking for advice
From:       "Jonathan S. Shapiro" <shap () eros-os ! org>
Date:       2002-11-25 20:13:55

This is a long-term question, but I want input.

It is increasingly apparent that C was not a good implementation choice
for OpenCM. We chose it primarily for portability. Ideally, a
programming language providing stronger support for concurrency would be
ideal.

In abstract, this tends to suggest C# (mono) or Java. C# has the
advantage that a runtime system is publicly available and can be ported.
Java has the advantage that while not universally available it is mature
and well tested.

If we end up going down this path, do people have any sense of which
would be the better way to go?

shap