List:       dccp
Subject:    Re: Sequence numbers in Response packets (Linux 2.6.17)
From:       "Ian McDonald" <ian.mcdonald () jandi ! co ! nz>
Date:       2006-09-27 21:33:11

On 9/27/06, Vladimir M <vladivm@mail.ru> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> While doing some tresting, I've noticed a funny behaviour of DCCP implementation in \
> 2.6 kernel. From Ethereal capture seems that retransmitted response packets do not \
> increment the sequence number. Is it a correct behaviour? If yes, then why is it \
> done like this, since protocol's RFC instructs to increment on every outgoing \
> packet.
> B.R.
> Vladimir.
>
> P.S. Don't know, it it has been already discussed on the list or not, or even \
> patched. I have original DCCP version from 2.6.17 FC5, but havnt found anything \
> related in archives of this list

Vladimir,

You are correct in saying this and it hasn't been fixed yet as of the
latest code. The reason for this is that we just clone the skb and
haven't updated the header. Feel free to get in and fix if you want!

I have added this to the DCCP to do list -
http://linux-net.osdl.org/index.php/TODO#DCCP

Thanks,

Ian
--