List:       dbi-users
Subject:    Re: (Fwd) Issues with Oracle DBD in Cygwin
From:       "Bruce  Johnson" <johnson () Pharmacy ! Arizona ! EDU>
Date:       2016-09-17 21:34:55

> On Sep 17, 2016, at 7:41 AM, Tim Bunce <Tim.Bunce@pobox.com> wrote:
>

> Couple of things I have noticed that seem off to me and might be an issue???
>
> 1.       after unpacking the instant client files into c:\oracle\instantclient_12_1 \
> (set as ORACLE_HOME) I do NOT have a "lib" or "rdbms/lib" subdirectory - am I \
> missing something? I have been using LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$ORACLE_HOME/lib and I see it \
> and the rdbms/lib referenced in LD_RUN_PATH but those directories do not exist. If \
> it were a problem I sure would expect some sort of error message but nothing jumps \
> out at me???

It's been a while but IIRC the Windows Instant Client just dumps everything into a \
single directory (at least as of the last version I installed, which would be 11.2) \
try setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH and any other needed environment vars to just \
$ORACLE_HOME.

The first step before trying to get DBI working is getting SQLPlus to work. Bet the \
LD_LIBRARY_PATH fix above fixes that as well.

Don't forget you also need to get the additional *Instant Client Package - SDK", \
since that has the header files needed to compile DBD::Oracle.

--
Bruce Johnson
University of Arizona