List:       dbi-users
Subject:    Re: One of us can't count....
From:       Tim Bunce <Tim.Bunce () pobox ! com>
Date:       2011-02-23 20:50:13

On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 11:49:58AM -0800, Chad Wallace wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Feb 2011 11:11:09 -0700
> Bruce Johnson <johnson@pharmacy.arizona.edu> wrote:
>
> > On Feb 18, 2011, at 1:55 PM, Bruce Johnson wrote:
> >
> > > The error MESSAGE, however contained the last known value for that
> > > number bind variable, which may be a bug.
> >
> > I wasn't quite correct, the error message actually lists the
> > parameter values of the last successful insert statement.
>
> That's hideous.  ... just ... hideous.

Bind values are sticky. That particular error check is performed before
binding the new values. It makes (some) sense from that perspective.

On the other hand, I wouldn't complain if you wanted to create a bug
ticket for this.

The simplest fix would be for execute() to clear ParamValues when it
detects that error.

Tim.