List:       dbi-users
Subject:    Re: question for DBD-Oracle driver
From:       "Peter J. Holzer" <hjp () wsr ! ac ! at>
Date:       2008-04-10 16:14:58

On 2008-04-10 10:26:50 -0500, James H. McCullars wrote:
> At 09:08 AM 4/10/2008, Peter J. Holzer wrote:
> >Why shouldn't it work with a CGI script? I can think of reasons why it
> >wouldn't work with mod_perl, but none for a CGI script.
>
>   Setting the environment variable worked for me from the command line but
> never from a CGI script.

By "worked for me from the command line" do mean:

1) Set the environment variable within the script as in the example I
   gave and invoked the script from the command line, or

2) set the environment variable in the shell and then invoke the script?

These are completely different.

> The best explanation I could find for this was here:
>
>         http://www.perlmonks.org/?node_id=126575

This talks about the second case. Yes, that's entirely possible (doesn't
seem to be the case on linux, though), but it doesn't have anything to
do with CGI scripts.

I don't believe that that the first case is possible on any unixoid OS.

	hp

--
   _  | Peter J. Holzer    | If I wanted to be "academically correct",
|_|_) | Sysadmin WSR       | I'd be programming in Java.
__/   | http://www.hjp.at/ |   -- Jesse Erlbaum on dbi-users