List:       dbi-users
Subject:    Re: error
From:       Martin Evans <martin.evans () easysoft ! com>
Date:       2007-08-01 7:20:40

Samuel_Zheng wrote:
> this is the error message, Because it on a Chinese 2003 server and the chinese is \
> missing some bytes. I cannot read what it says. Does anyone can tell what it means \
> and suggest things to try? thanks,
> samuel
>
> Software error:
> DBI connect('btn','',...) failed: [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] uEz \
> (SQL-42000)(DBD: db_login/SQLConnect err=-1) at C:\web\validate.pl line 130

Can't really tell much from that except it is a 42000 error which is
"Syntax error or access violation" and the problem depends on what ODBC
API you were calling (probably SQLPrepare/SQLExecDirect). You can find
42000 description at:

http://www.easysoft.com/developer/interfaces/odbc/sqlstate_status_return_codes.html#42000

but I think you are going to have to dig deeper or learn Chinese.

Martin
--
Martin J. Evans
Easysoft Limited