List:       dbi-dev
Subject:    Re: Array Binding (an ODBC example)
From:       Nick Gorham <nick () lurcher ! org>
Date:       2001-08-10 18:34:58

Jeff Urlwin wrote:

> > Have you tried building UnixODBC recently? (I've never tried so I
> > can't comment.)
>
> Not recently, but it was painfully slow on my machine.  It builds a lot of
> individual files and takes a lot of time.  I never completely got it running
> at the time, either.

Part of that is because it builds a lot more things, many wouldn't be needed
for just the DM, if you are interested (and I am not pushing here), I could put
a Driver Manager only build together, it would still be bigger that iODBC, as
there are a lot more files, especially now it has unicode support, and there is
the cursor lib that gets built as well (though it works fine without).

Its less of a problem now, as a lot of distributions contains it (or has
installs for it ) anyway,

--
Nick Gorham
When I die, I want to go like my grandfather did, gently while sleeping,