List:       dbi-dev
Subject:    RE: Array Binding (an ODBC example)
From:       "Jeff Urlwin" <jurlwin () bellatlantic ! net>
Date:       2001-08-10 13:44:48

I don't mind keeping the iODBC in there.  I remember trying to build
UnixODBC, at one point, and it was slow and painful.  iODBC was light and
fast to build.  I think kick starting users, given the number of people who
actually read the docs that come with everything, is better than pointing
them to multiple places.  I would prefer something like:

	We have included the iODBC driver, as it is fast to build and works with
DBD::ODBC.  However, your mileage may vary.  You may wish to use unixODBC,
which can be found at http://www.unixodbc.org.  [Insert more comments here]

Jeff