List:       dbi-dev
Subject:    RE: Converting database from access to oracle
From:       "Bushel.Pierre" <bushel () niehs ! nih ! gov>
Date:       2000-12-31 12:50:27

 Oracle has a Microsoft Access to Oracle migration assistant which
will perform the conversion.  I used it and it works well.  It
requires Access 97 and may rename some columns, etc if they violate
Oracle naming convention.  Therefore you'll have to change web
application code.  Also if you are using a middleware product like
ColdFusion some of the proprietary fuctions aren't supported by
certain Oracle native drivers.

Hope this helps,

Pierre Bushel
Bioinformatics Manager