List:       dbi-dev
Subject:    Re: More iformation on developing DBD drivers
From:       Mikael Ronstrom <Mikael.Ronstrom () uab ! ericsson ! se>
Date:       2000-07-31 9:51:05

Hello,

>On Fri, 28 Jul 2000 15:41:56 +0200, H.Merijn Brand <h.m.brand@hccnet.nl> wrote:
>On Fri, 28 Jul 2000 15:17:54 +0200, Daniel Dani <Daniel.Dani@uab.ericsson.se> wrote:
>> Hello.
>>
>> Does anoyone know where I can find any sort of documentation regarding
>> developing a DBI:DBD Driver.
>> I did a perldoc on DBI/DBD.pm but there are still some questions left.
>
>That's one of the best starting points ;-)
>
>Other source can be found in the DBI module docs, like:
>  www.symbolstone.org/technology/perl/DBI
>  tegan.deltanet.com/~philip/DBUIdoc.html
>
>And, IMHO the best source, any other DBD driver source from CPAN. Start with a
>simple one like FreeTDS, Ingre or Unify and later, when stuck, read and
>understand Oracle. Oracle is complete HLI, which isn't that much portable, but
>it is the most complete one. Unify is far from complete (yet), but it's
>completely E/SQL, which is very portable. Get them *ALL* from CPAN and use
>them as a reference. It's worth the trouble!
>
>> I am fairly new in this area, and i would be really greatful
>> for any kind of answers.
>
>Just curious, what DB are you going to interface against?

We are interfacing a new DBMS called NDB Cluster developed at Ericsson.
NDB Cluster is a parallel data server focused on applications requiring very good
uptime and very good performance.
Currently we have a C++ API and a C interface to SQL. So the idea is to export a
simple SQL interface to Perl programmers.

----
Mikael Ronstrom
Ericsson Utveckling AB
mikael.ronstrom@uab.ericsson.se