List:       dbi-dev
Subject:    DBD::informix / Informix 9.2 in Read-Only
From:       James Maes <jmaes () sportingnews ! com>
Date:       2000-02-29 18:15:08

   ***  From dbi-users - To unsubscribe, see the end of this message.  ***
   *** DBI Home Page - http://www.symbolstone.org/technology/perl/DBI/ ***

We have a database that we only have readonly access to.  I have a query
like this

"select htmltofile('/usr/informix/scripts/tmp867',
WebExplode(object,'MI_WEBTAGSTABLE=wbTags&a_id=150016&type=columnist'))
from wbPages where ID='99t.customize.nuggets'"

which uses the webexplode function in the webdata blade 4.0 from
informix to build out a html file, and then htmltofile to save that file
to disk.

the app page (99t.customize.nuggets) only has a simple select query in
it.

now when I run the above query I get the error

"BD::Informix::st fetchrow failed: SQL: -7431: Invalid save set type
ROW(varchar(100), varchar(50), varchar(150), date, varchar(150)). at
/usr/informix/scripts/BasePull_linux.pm line 220."

BasePull_linux.pm is the driver that the query is ran from.

other app pages ran in the same format of that query work fine.

Here is the section of code that grabs the file in BasePull_linux.pm

================================

$string ="select htmltofile('$tmp_filename',
WebExplode(object,'$Configuration&$WBvars')) from wbPages where
ID='$WBobject';";

$st1 = milib::SQLQuery($self->{DB_Handle2}, $string) ;

# the call to fetch the data from the query will write the data to from
the smartblob and return the same of said file. The file is deleted when
milib::file_2_var is called

while ($blob_file = $st1->fetchrow)
{
	//code the works on the returned data
}

the while line is the line 220 that comes from the error.

Any help would be great.

Thanks.

--

James Maes